Monday, August 5, 2013

More here coffee

There are mornings I wake up and ask you, how long has it been?
5 months, you told me last.

I have not been good at counting and remembering names. Worse than ever. Counting days or cups for the milk. A fantastic woman was in my kitchen and I could not remember her name. She was a doula and worke with children and had just finished a counceling program and I couldn't remember her name.
I told Jen, I love you so much. You are such a good friend to me, but one day, I will forget your name and it will embarrass me and make me feel so scared that you will feel our story means nothing to me, but you must know, it is not that. It is that I cannot remember names. I will always remember you.

When Eugene left France I said I would miss him and he told me I would forget him and I didn't say otherwise but I have never forgot him and still remember fondly him telling me stories of sleeping with prosituites all around the world as we sat by the fountain either very late in the night or very early in the morning. Prosituites in Europe have no heart. They charge by the hour and are constnatly looking at the clock. Prostuites in SOuth America can be bought by the day and are warm and affectionate like friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment