Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Snap shot


A snap shot of Bend

I am at the Downtowner where they consistantly make the greatest soup known to man (vegetarian as well) Spicy Tomato and I have this high seat which overlooks the courtyard where the gutter punks are loitering around listening to what sounds like Nickleback and I am sitting near (but not with) the guy with long hair that works at Ranch Records who is in that band Problem Stick the same guy I once gave a small bottle of sake after a sake tasting at Bo an Asian themed cocktail bar/restaurant on Franklin where I used to work with the kindest of all Thai women "Pick" who once gave me a silk notebook when I gave her a pair of feather earrings I had bought at Blue (but not the Ashley ones, sorry) and from stage left comes the Sluts-dreamboats with their iron pressed (or permed) perfectly coifed hair smoking cigarettes like nihilist gods and as they pass the boarded up (why is it boarded up?) window through the Breezeway and there is a table in the corner, two men, who are making jealous sounds saying something about how they are way cooler than those emos while someone unseen in the kitchen sings the words to that Counting Crows song "Around Here"and I am kind of singing because on my sixteenth birthday my friend Micheal burned this song for me, the same Michael who lives down the street from me and works with kids but wasn't affected by the Boys and Girls Club closing down but knows people who were; I am thinking of this car I saw, lost, trying to find downtown because they were driving slow and turned on their right signal when they saw the 1/2 mile exit sign for downtown and I don't remember being lost in a long while because I've been here so long now. And a part of me is fine with that because I have this soup and these odd connections and fearless familiarity. But, I'd like if you would tell me something I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment