Don't get me wrong. Furs, vanity, labels, high heals, dieting, cosmos; these are not things I align myself with. However: writing, city-life, and friendship, I like.
I took an online test; "What Sex in the City character are you?" I was Miranda. These tests never mean anything to me so I won't read into it. I like Carrie the most because she has the ability to take her experiences and put them into perspective. This is a skill I would like.*Always answer when your girls call
(Miranda calls Carrie on New Years because she is recently divorced and all alone and even though Carrie is in a bed she throws on a furry coat and high heels (so practical) and takes a cab all the way to Chinatown to spend the rest of the night eating Chinese food with her friend.)
*Tell your girls everything
*When you have done something wrong apologize and keep apologizing. Forever.
(The night before Carrie's wedding to Big, Miranda, all jilted from her divorce tells Big"you're crazy for getting married," and the next day he gets cold feet on the wedding. Miranda tells Carrie, on their single ladies Valentine's Day dinner months later and Carrie freak out (in a scrum of pink balloons and string) and refuses to answer Miranda's phone calls. Miranda calls and calls and calls and eventually shows up on person waiting outside Carrie's place in a taxi.)
*You can be angry, forever, it's fine. But eventually forgive, even if it's 70 years later.*Girlfriends should be likened to the Mafia rather than a knitting circle
*Friends are not more important than man-loves and family, but they are a top priority.
No comments:
Post a Comment