Thursday, August 27, 2009

Stephen Baldwin


One time I met Stephen Baldwin.

I was a waitress at this restaurant in Redmond and he came in with a bunch of sexy people, all of them coupled off. Stephen Baldwin was not a part of a sexy coupledom but I suspected he was in a little bit of each.
 Before I knew who the hell he was I thought he was a nice guy.
He politely asked for a separate table, quiet, away from his party with one of his people.
Stephen Baldwin ate two salads with thousand-island dressing and ordered an extra helping of rice pilaf when he received his meal. I believe he ordered the Chicken Strips but the details of the experience often escapes me.
At the end of the meal I split up all the checks, one for each couple. Everyone made nervous unsure gestures until Stephen came over from his secret table and told me it was all on him. When putting the checks together he stood by me waiting with his card. One of the the other waitresses asked if he was "a Baldwin." He said he was and his debit card said Stephen Baldwin so I knew for sure.
I don't know why I still have the receipt.
Maybe one day when he makes a comeback I can sell it. It's very faded.
Apparently he was in town for this Christian thing that had been heavily advertised. I kind of felt bad for Stephen because all his friends were mooches.
I'd like to know he is doing well. 
Arrangements can be made if you would like schedule a holding of the Stephen Baldwin receipt.
Today I went to said restaurant and sat in the same spot he sat. I call it "Stephen's Table."

No comments:

Post a Comment