Saturday, December 5, 2009

My first Saturday off in two weeks.

Took a nap today. Just like an old man I stretched out in the recliner with a blanket next to the window in the middle of the day.
The only element missing was the television reeling a Judge Judy rerun.

When I woke up it was dark and I had nothing to show for myself for the day. Still don't.

Earlier today, Kevin & walked along the side of the Christmas parade that snaked it's way down Newport and Harmon. I forgot parades. A band was playing - frozen fingers on brass instruments but the colors of the uniforms were so sharp and clean. People waves as Kevin and I looked on smiling.
"We should get in a line," a camo clad woman suggested to an ROTC gaggle; teenagers, kids and such.
"Not the authority of a drill sergeant," Kevin comments as we pass.

Santa rides by. His speakers are turned up really loud. They crackle, making him sound somewhat possessed. My eyes glaze over, a hige grin on my face.
I LOVE SANTA.
"Maybe their going for a techno, Santa this year," says Kevin as we pass.

After we broke fast at Westside Bakery I clutched him in my arms. Something he said made me laugh.
I remember actually.
A bike shop display read, "Come in a check out our kids bikes," and Kevin imagined us going inside to see them and having the store owner bring out his childrens bike.
"This one is Michael's. Micheal, tell the nice people about your bike," and Michael would groan and tell us about the gears and axles.
"It's a Huffy," I imagined imaginary kid Michael saying.


 It was on Columbia. I love Kevin. He's just my favorite fucking person.
I need to be nicer to him.

Right now I have the post nap gripes. I need to shower, or something.
Instead I am going to a gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment