Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Breast Milk

"It tastes like chai, without all the spices," Donald tells me as he turns the camera on. I cringe at the cup in my hand with a healthy tablespoon of fresh squeezed bona fide breast milk. "Best drank from the source," he adds grinning.
Hayley, the bearer of 6-month old baby Lucius stands to the side with a half smile and suddenly I am afraid of offending her - perhaps by showing disgust she will feel, I don't know, like a bad milk maker. You know, how a wine maker would feel if you took a sip of their wine and totally soured up your face.

Taking the cup to my lips I take the shot down, let it sit on my tongue for a half second, swallow and proceed to spit fiercely into the sink.
I tasted breast milk.
I did it for you so you wouldn't have to try it. It tasted creamy, like creamy stomach acid.
Conclusion: Breast milk is for babies.
Recommended reading: Breasts by Genichiro Yagyu and Amanda Mayer Stinchecum

No comments:

Post a Comment