Tuesday, January 27, 2009


My favorite sauce in the world I made tonight contains the following ingredients:
*one small pumpkin bought at Nature's
*freshly ground pepper
*Eberhard's 2% milk
*Italian raw milk parmigiano reggiano
*Nancy's cream cheese
*100% non-virgin (that sounds so wrong) Italian olive oil
*Himalayan pink salt

This is all. The simplest of procedure. Boil pumpkin, blend with milk and pepper, mix in cheeses and salt to taste in big soup pot until perfect. And this is what I am eating right now after hours of preparation, listening to Regina Spektor, refreshing as a glass of purple Rhone on the beaches of Nice with new friends.
All I need is a beer. I nice, kind of cold (I am temperature sensitive) Mirror Pond.
I want to point out the Himalayan pink salt and explain why I had to buy it. It's pink salt and I don't know about you, but I still believe in the magic of eccentric foreign substances and their mysterious effect in our lives and I just had to know what that was. Sprinkling it into my sauce, stirring in the tiny little crystals I felt like I was stirring in pure love, pure exotic and unknown love.
The pumpkin soup itself is pure magic. I've been going to yoga more often again and I use to eat this every day coming home from my practice.
Now, I need to finish up this Valentine's zine and listen to Regina Spektor.

Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment