woke up and saw my
heart beat in two little
tassels on my bed
As I lay under the covers
the vibration of my heart
the vibration of my heart
beat transcended
from my body to the bed
to the two little
receptors I tried to hold
my breath, stay still but
they still shook ever so
slightly 70 beats per
minute? The bed and the
blankets were warm -
Kevin next to me was
warm - unnecessarily
warm - like a furnace
on a summers day - like
he's supposed too, like
I need him to be for
other reasons and times
And so rarely do I
feel this sad enjoyment of
life - this preemptive
longing for it - as if I am
dead and looking back
at a sliver of a fraction
of an experience like
a ghost haunting my
own past, trying to
remember what it was
to be alive and missing it
so much and suspending
the fact that I am alive
and loving it so much
Today is Monday - and
I'm in bed with Kevin and
I am more in love with
him than he is with
me
but today is Monday and
the traffic on Portland
is fair and the sky is blue and the bed is warm.
No comments:
Post a Comment