Saturday, October 17, 2009

Monday 12th (day 9)

The invoice for Bendfilm looks like a grownup might have done it which is what I was going for but feel strange for accomplishing it. Receipts stapled to the back - an entire weeks worth of work totals $130, an award certificate I made for myself which indicates a return to normal life. Normal work. Sleeping normal times. Maybe sit in a quiet place for a few hours and catch up on the leaves turning. There has been too much all-at-once going on. A joke bill I make up for Bendfilm with the food, drink and electricity we consumed during our late-night photo editing comes to a couple hundred. I send one to Jonathan. 
At the hub there is a wind-down feeling was taking place between Stephanie and Jim the director. Like everyone finished their smoke break and it's time to put up the chairs for the night cleaning crew.
"I did you all a huge favor by not humiliating myself in front of Rider Strong," I tell them. "I love him."
They ask me why the hell I didn't and tell me they would have introduced us.
The real reason I didn't meet him: I was embarassed the way a middle school girl is when she drops her trapper keeper in front of the most popular boy in school and the cover is carved with his name. There are regrets of course.
I propose a plan to have mini film events in peoples homes and unique venues with a floating projector and screen for fundraising. We'll see though I am so fucking tired of thinking right now.
In a staff meeting at my job the receptionists cell phone blows up in another room, a wailing Christian song "O PRINCE OF PEEEEEACE," it harkens, but she doesn't move for several seconds. I think she's trying to secretly convert some of us.
Tonight was nothing. Watched the second half of Andromeda Strain after a plot synopsis by Kevin. We got in a tiff afterward because I didn't get it. Time travel eludes me and makes me a little upset. I like my linear dimensions. Kevin hates explaining movies to people as he finds them obvious.
Pulled an fresh notebook out of the storage unit. Gave up ever finding the old one.

No comments:

Post a Comment