Sunday is truly sleeping in and making breakfast or lunch with Kevin at 12:00. Bought garlic at Newport (expensive) while Kevin got milk and a newspaper. Lunch was egg sandwich for me and something else for him over sharing section of the newspaper and fading in and out of immemorable conversation.
A sudden snap out of a the perfectly lazy Sunday afternoon I realized I had to go grocery shopping and the decided I had to watch at least one film for the film festival (and redeem my rights as a volunteer).
After a sprint through Costco and Safeway with grocery list in hand without a glitch I drove a bleary eyed stretch to the Sisters theater to watch the Attic Door, the film winning three awards at the festival. Parents met me in Sisters and I did a very uncharactertic thing and bought a latte in an attempt to be present, to not feel like I was in waking dream, to WAKE UP. No luck.
Driving home to make it to the Overbrook Brother's I break down. No way. Cancel all plans. I need to schuck basil and made enough pesto to last me the winter. I need to be with my boyfriend and do nothing. Which is what I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment