Saturday, October 17, 2009

Tuesday 6th (day 3)

Little girl at work with the Celeste-like eyes and mousy hair kept asking me something I couldn't decipher through her 2-year-old articulation and to be honest I'm not a good guesser.
"Cut" the Taylor-Swift-resembling volunteer told me when i asked her to intepret. "She wants you to 'cut' her pasta." So I did. Then I found a geriatric fly in my kitchen, named him Finn,(pic)  and had to set him outside because of threats against his life.
The rest of the day was complicated.
Trophy making. (pic) Erin, my interior designer turned Americorp volunteer friend sought out those porcelain figures your grandmother hoards of children on benches with dogs, whimsical women in sweeping dresses, Norman Rockwell Limited Edition figurines. There were the basis of our trophies.
  • dollar tree
  • goodwill
  • joannas
  • goodwill (comic)
  • home
  • michaels
  • home depot
Made dinner; salad and pesto with pumpkin (a staple this fall) then spray painted on the porch in the dying daylight 17 figurines and stained the wood bases a dark brown (jojoba).
(comic: Erin pointing out Settlers, "You play Settlers?")
 Erica picked me up a bit later to watch the Hangover at McMenamins. When the room was too packed and the only place to sit was far right front row we decided something else needed to be done.
Went to see Kevin at High Tides and get smoked salmon chowda (the best the best the best) we watched Sex & the City until both of us were to disgusted to be women anymore.
"There women are morons. The show tries to sell them as smart but they aren't real. There is never any chemistry between them or the men they date."
When Erica went home I drank too much, tried to write and ended up throwing my typewriter across the room and breaking a picture frame in vehement expression of stress and anger, a feeling occuring with greater frequency these days.
Kevin came home to me finishing up a pen-pal letter with the theme "ANGRY LETTERS ... SENT!" in which I wrote to my ex ("yes, I am drunk," I wrote in the first line, "you used to tell me I was disgusting when I was drunk") and we walked to the nearest post office box.
"Give me a cigarette."

No comments:

Post a Comment