Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday 10th (day 7)

Hours of sleep. Excessive lovely sleep but Kevin is shuffling around, getting ready to get coffee and I am guilty for being a jerk last night. I apologize but we still drift away - he is leaving and I head off showerless to Kinko's to make copies for tonights Bendfilm Awards.
Framing the images in black Dollar Tree frames I go from discouraged and disappointed to jubiliant in two glasses of wine. Shamelessly I turn up the 94.1 on the radio and connect with Lady Gaga, clean the house, dress for the occassion, (BLACK LONG SLEEVE WITH TWEED SKIRT) and dance ugly in my room of a project finally finished.
When my parents get there I am cross eyed with anxiety or excitment.
At the Tower where the Awards are hosted I meet up with Erin and Brad bring the framed certificates through the back.
(buffet comic)
(Rider comic)
Read the tarot (tator) cards for Brad and Jonathan. I get more drunk.
Awards assembly was lovely, Terri extends a special honor to our team for the awards where we stand. (did Rider see? Did he think I was interesting, fascinating, brilliant, beautiful?)
Woman and man two rows in front during the ceremony were making everyone behind them uncomfortable with excessive PDA; man rubbing womans back intimately. Dreaming of the bedroom. She: ginger with short dress He: the much older man.
Spilling into the street borrowing cigarettes from Rider's brother in exchange for a snubbed pam reading. During the length of our smoke on the corner in front of 900 Wall we sang Happy Birthday three times and I got to see Daniel and Jon Ball, Christian brothers.
"I don't smoke," I told them.
The Afterparty at 900 'n Wall was Erin, Brad & I telling horrible animal stories.
(comic of Erin's story: dead dog put him back. Funny thing happened.)
The late night we found ourselves at the M&J and I found the Kev finally hovering over a pool table. Talked to Cassie and Sarah, two of my favorite people to see in general and played game of pool (I hate pool) with Brad & Erin while staring off into space at the Ms. Pacman tournament that was taking place (I love watching people play video games).

No comments:

Post a Comment